Sunday 14 August 2011

Six Haiku for Bella


For my grand-daughter, Bella, when she was about three.

Prue's photo of Bella at Wilberforce, 2010.
In many little
Inconsequential moments
I feel life’s rich joy.

This sweet little girl
Kneeling in the strawberries,
Sunshine in her hair.

“I can do it Pa.”
The little hand takes the plant
And parts the rich earth.

She gathers up snails
Lost in a magical world,
Where nothing else is.

She snuggles in close.
Her arms encircle my neck.
I feel her eyes shine.

Ten thousand thousand
Small, miraculous moments
Fill my heart with joy.













1 comment:

  1. Lovely haiku, and such a sweet picture of little Bella. Almost uncanny how much she resembles Cath at that age.
    Is Bella carrying bark because she is helping to gather wood for the fire?

    ReplyDelete