Sunday 14 August 2011

The Mirror


I look hard into the mirror
Hoping not to see my face
But that of Jesus Christ my Lord
Now fixed and firmly in my place.

It’s his eyes looking into mine
That I really want to see;
His heart, his mind, his character
Is my desire and hope to be.

I swipe my hand across the glass
To wipe the mist away
To see if can but dimly glimpse
His character in my clay.

O can He be there just a little
Or are these eyes so blind
That they think that they see him there
When it’s really just my mind?

So I pray that he will enter in,
Peel these scales from my sight
And that when I turn to the glass again
I can catch a glimpse of his clear light.

Then as I continue to stare and stare
It will with more effulgence shine
So that in steps both small and great
His bright face will transform mine.




2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.






No comments:

Post a Comment